Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Interesting bit on disenfrachised U.S. citizens -- children living abroad

So let's say that your parents are U.S. citizens living abroad. Maybe they are in the military, or they are working for some multinational company. You turn 18. You want to register to vote. How do you do it?

In a few states, you can register at your parents voting address.

Not in Illinois. In Illinois, you're stuck. At least, that's according to this article.

Seems like a good law to change (if the article is accurate).

No comments: