Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Ba-Rocket takes off for Obama 08

Heeding the call of hundreds of thousands, Senator Barack Obama changed his game and announced his run for the presidency.

I had thought he wouldn't run, and that bold prediction clearly didn't pan out. I know owe Eric Zorn a dinner, as he was the first pundit in the world to predict an Obama presidential campaign (in January 2005!) and I like to think I was the first blogger who disagreed with him.

On bold predictions, I'm shooting 50%. I was the only pundit or blogger to predict an Illinois Senate super-majority for the Democrats in October.....yes, let me hold on to something....

Anyway, this is going to be fantastic. A presidential campaign that kicks off in Springfield and ends in Chicago from a community organizer who pushes for progressive policy and makes Republican leaners feel good about it....it's great.

And one other thing: the man has had 8 years as a state legislator, crafting and passing scores of bills that improved our standard of living. If that's not experience, then what is? I've got a much longer post coming on the so-called lack of experience of Senator Barack Obama....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What am I missing? The guy seems like empty suit to me. I just don't get it.

He already has Resko dirt. How can he win the south?

Bill Baar said...

Stroger, Daley...that's progressive today?