Saturday, August 04, 2007

Live at YearlyKos with the presidentials (version 2)

It works. Cool. So, in the spirit of liveblogging, here we go.

The feel of the convention is a lot less hacky and a ot more earnest than the national convention. Almost all the people here are essentially good citizens: they care about the Republic and are trying to improve it. It's refreshing.

There are about 1500 seats and a dozen or so cameras. It's got a professional feel.

The weird celebrity vibe of incoming presidential candidates is in the air. It must be tough for candidates to stay grounded when they becom famous. I'm sure @ld have a hard time staying humble if people were genuinely excited just to be in the same room as me. I don't anticipate that happening. Maybe if I get a dog.

I wonder whether we're on the cusp of a New Deal. There does seem to be a big change in the air.

I like that a forum of presidentials is pulled together because of the netroots, not because of any interest group.

And I like that Mike Gravel gets to participate in the discussion. It's like the opposite of the corporate-funded, ham-handed Commission on Presidential Debates.

The crowd just sang Happy Birthday to Barack after Matt Bai announced it's his birthday. That was fun.

Here we go.

No comments: