Monday, October 20, 2003

Cubs had a fantastic season.

At first, I was unable to process the unexpected loss to the Marlins. Cubs collapse and all that.

But then I looked on the bright side.

The Cubs were on the way to the World Series. They made it to the pennant series. They beat the Braves (oh, how sweet). They clinched the division. And they fought hard in the championship series.

And the core of the team is almost certain to come back healthy in 2004.

For the first back-to-back winning seasons in 30 years.

And that's a winning season.

Some people have this ridiculous negative attitude. "The Cubs were doomed to lose." "What did you expect?" "We are horrible." blah blah blah

I've never been so disgusted by a loser attitude.

It's like a disease. Infects the spirit.

I have no tolerance for these peddlers of loser-dom.

Dennis Byrne has a good column about this in the Tribune today here.

I'll quote Queen on my feelings toward Chicagoans who like to be negative:

"No time for losers. . .cause we are the champions"

So quit being such losers, negative people! We did very well, and can do better next year.


No comments: