Friday, January 21, 2005

One reason why LaHood might have a hard time

This quote from the Journal-Register on the inauguration party ($40 million of our money during war) kind of sums up some problems he might have with the Illinois electorate:

“For me, it is exhilarating to experience,” said Rep. Ray LaHood, R-Peoria. “I know it sounds corny, but I truly love President Bush. I really do. He’s an extraordinary man. I like his values. I like his family.”


When 55% of the state's electorate explicitly rejected the man, in favor of a charisma-challenged challenger (lots of votes against Bush, not so many for Kerry), the tighter LaHood is tied to Bush, the worse he will do.


Glenn Brown said...

Well that and the fact that a signifigant amount of his own party hates him and thinks he sold Ryan down the river. I cant wait to see who will say they think he is running "Kind of a bonehead campaign!"

FightforJustice said...

LaHood has a pattern of publicly criticizing fellow Republicans, which is why Democrats would like him. I doubt he'll be a top contender in the Republican primary.