Sunday, May 30, 2004

Great interview with Michael Madigan by Kristen McQueary

Congratulations to the Daily Southtown and Political Writer Kristen McQueary for this interview with Speaker Madigan.

My favorite part:

Q: So why don't you agree to sit down with reporters more about your positions?

A: I don't think I get fair reporting from most reporters. I think most reporters simply want to get me into disputes with Blagojevich, and if he were not available, they would try to get me in disputes with Mayor Daley.

That's all they ever want to talk about, and I don't think I get fair coverage. So I talk to people when I want to talk to them. I used to give ad hoc press conferences every day. I'd stand there for 15 or 20 minutes and answer every inane question that came out of people's minds. What did it get me?

It just let some very small-minded reporters be nasty, nasty to people and biased to people.

No comments: