Monday, October 04, 2004

Good story on San Francisco's use of instant runoff voting

I was just in the land of instant runoff voting (isn't that what everyone calls San Francisco now?)

Here is a nice AP story on the upcoming November election where voters will get a first choice *and* a second choice for municipal elections in San Francisco.

Wouldn't that be nice in every election?

I've got a part-time job working on this stuff (and walked a lot of precincts in 2002 for this measure in San Francisco), so consider this my disclosure that I am interested party.

If you like instant runoff voting, then join the Midwest Democracy Center.

And speaking joining the Midwest Democracy Center, this Saturday at 6 pm we're having a house party in Chicago with former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic. He's turned into a progressive advocate in Washington State with a good website here and a new book out: Of Grunge and Government. At the house party, 20 bucks gets you a book and an introductory membership to the Midwest Democracy Center, so we can continue to lobby for smarter elections.

Email me at dan@djw.info and I'll send you the address to the house party.



No comments: